These pre-ASEAN records are part of over 3,500 shellac and vinyl records preserved by the National Archives of Singapore. They were acquired with the Singapore records, which trace the development of Singapore as an important regional centre for recording music from the 1900s to the early 1980s. We need your help in transcribing and translating these record labels to make the records more accessible and searchable!
Guidelines for transcribing and translating record labels
1. Save your work regularly!
2. Transcribe and translate the record label in the original language and English in the following order:
3. If you would like to provide additional context or interpretation, put them in brackets (like this).
4. If you are unsure of certain words, put them in square brackets [like this]
5. Don't worry if there are words you are unsure of, someone else can work on it!