- The National Archives of Singapore (an institution of the National Library Board, Singapore) has the right to change the Terms from time to time and all changes will be posted on this page. Your use of the SSS Portal after such changes have been posted will count as your agreement to the modified Terms as the latest version is always the one that applies.
What can be shared
The audio clips that you decide to share (without any expectation of a fee) by uploading them onto the SSS Portal are referred to as Shared Sounds.
What cannot be shared
Please share what you have personally recorded as you would in such a case own the recording. However, you may also share something that has been recorded by someone else if you have received specific permission to share it on the SSS Portal.
What we can do with what is shared
You must not share anything that:
- is in any way illegal.
- is defamatory.
- is obscene or offensive or otherwise inappropriate.
- infringe intellectual property rights such as copyright.
- contains personal data that can identify people.
- contains spyware, Trojan Horses, viruses, worms or other forms of malware.
- is recorded by someone else without specific permission to do so.
- is intended to promote your own business.
In relation to Shared Sounds, we can:
- archive it as part of the permanent collections of the National Archives of Singapore.
- decide to takedown and/or delete anything at our discretion without providing any reasons.
- anywhere in the world, use it and allow others to use it for any purposes and without limit as to time. This can include use in/on exhibitions, interactive kiosks, the internet and succeeding platforms, programmes, mobile applications, the provision or production of books or merchandise or services that promote culture, history or learning.
- in using it or allowing others to use it, editing or adaptation can be allowed at our discretion.
Content on the SSS Portal
The need for permission
Errors and unintended issues
- The content of the SSS Portal (Content), which includes the Shared Sounds, is made up of items where the copyright or other rights (collectively referred to as Rights) belong to other people or belong to us. If you wish to use any of the Content, please seek written permission from us to do so.
- In some cases when permission is sought, we may have to direct you to other Rights owners for permission. In this regard, in situations where we enter into any separate agreement with people or institutions on the upload of Shared Sounds, the terms set out in the separate agreement shall take precedence over the Terms set out here.
- If you see any logos or trademarks in the SSS Portal, they must be used only with written permission from us.
While we take great care:
- we cannot promise that the Content is error free. You can assist us by providing feedback on such matters; and
- we cannot promise that the SSS Portal will be provided uninterrupted.
To the extent permitted under relevant laws, we shall not be liable for anything that may happen if:
- you use or rely on any Content;
- use of the SSS Portal is interrupted or is not possible when you want to use it; and
- the SSS Portal introduces any spyware, Trojan Horses, viruses, worms or other forms of malware to any device.
- This SSS Portal does not collect any user personal data that allows us to identify you individually.
- To the extent that you provide any means of contacting you (e.g. an email address or social media account details) we may do so for purposes related to your use of the SSS Portal or the Shared Sounds.
- The Terms shall be governed by the laws of Singapore for every purpose. In the case of any dispute over the Terms, the parties shall only take their dispute to the courts in Singapore.
Please email to email@example.com for any enquiries or feedback.