Hill Street looking south across the Stamford Road junction with Oranje Building standing on left. Constructed by R A J Bidwell for Whiteaway Laidlaw and Company Limited in 1904, the building later served as an annexe to Raffles Hotel before becoming the Oranje Hotel in 1933. It was acquired by Basco Enterprises in 1963 and renamed Stamford House after refurbishment. It was later acquired by the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) in 1984 for restoration. The building is presently undergoing its latest renewal for transformation into a luxury hotel.
19980006552 - 0103
Viewing permitted. Use and reproduction only with permission.