Battery Road featuring Hongkong and Shanghai Bank (left) built in 1892, Medical Hall (centre) located in the Red House (so called because of the red bricks used) set up by early German immigrants in the 1850s and Tan Kim Seng fountain (bottom left) at Fullerton Square. Officially unveiled on 19 May 1882, the fountain was built in commemoration of Tan Kim Seng's generous $13,000 contribution towards constructing Singapore's first public waterworks.
19980005110 - 0041
Viewing permitted. Use and reproduction only with permission.