Grand Hotel de l'Europe, Singapore. Originally established by J Castelyns in 1857 as Hotel d'Europe, it was located first in Hill Street, then in Beach Road before moving here (along St Andrew's Road). The building at this location was demolished in early 1900s and the new one was named Grand Hotel de l'Europe. With management changing hands severally, it was renamed as The Europe Hotel in 1918. Its doors were closed in October 1932 and the building was later demolished, making way for the Supreme Court.
19980005504 - 0042
Viewing permitted. Use and reproduction only with permission.
Courtesy of National Archives of Singapore
This image is reproduced from a postcard published by G R Lambert & Co.