Middleton Hospital on Moulmein Road. It was set up in 1907 as a quarantine camp for infectious diseases at Balestier Road, before moving to Moulmein Road in 1913 and renamed Infectious Diseases Hospital. in November 1920, It was renamed as Middleton Hospital in honour of Dr W R C Middleton who had served the hospital for 27 years. It was subsequently absorbed into Tan Tock Seng Hospital in 1985 and is now known as the Communicable Disease Centre.
19980000888 - 0003
Viewing permitted. Use and reproduction only with permission.
Ministry of Information and the Arts Collection, courtesy of National Archives of Singapore
Updated with contribution from Khoo G S on 3 September 2015