VIEW OF THE MONUMENT OF ELEPHANT PRESENTED BY KING OF SIAM, SINGAPORE
Elephant statue presented by King Chulalongkorn (Rama V) of Siam to commemorate his 1871 visit to Singapore. The statue was first erected outside Victoria Memorial Hall in 1872 before it was moved to outside the Court House (now known as Arts House) in 1919.
19980005502 - 0092
Viewing permitted. Use and reproduction only with permission.
Arshak C Galstaun Collection, courtesy of National Archives of Singapore