View of building at 13 Dhoby Ghaut taken from Bras Basah Road. This Victorian-style building was built by Teo Hoo Lye, a founding member of Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce. Its ground floor was occupied by Louis Molteni’s confectionery. The property was later purchased by the family of the late Loke Yew, and in 1937 the land was cleared for the construction of Cathay Building.
1917 - 1921
19980005492 - 0089
Viewing permitted. Use and reproduction only with permission.
Courtesy of National Archives of Singapore
This image is reproduced from a postcard published by K P Hock