Officially opened as the NAAFI (The Navy, Army and Air Force Institute) Britannia Club on 17 December 1952 by Commissioner-General for Southeast Asia Malcolm Macdonald, the clubhouse served as a recreational club for British servicemen. When British forces withdrew in 1971, the Singapore government purchased and established the SAF NCO Club on the same site in 1974. It was renamed the SAF Warrant Officers and Specialists (WOSE) Club in 1994 and marked as a conservation site on 9 October 2002 when SAF (WOSE) Club moved to new premises.
19980005884 - 0058
Viewing permitted only. No reproduction is allowed.
Lim Kheng Chye Collection, courtesy of National Archives of Singapore