Capitol Cinema at the junction of Stamford and North Bridge Roads. It was Shaw Organisation's flagship cinema after they purchased the Capitol Theatre (later renamed Shaws Building) from the Namazie brothers in 1946. The tenancy of the building was returned to the Singapore government in the 1980s.
19980001993 - 0003
Viewing permitted. Use and reproduction only with permission.
Ministry of Information and the Arts Collection, courtesy of National Archives of Singapore