News 5 Tonight
- Mediacorp Pte Ltd Fonds
- Mediacorp TV Sub-fonds
- News and Current Affairs Series
- Digital Betacam
Conditions Governing Access
Use and reproduction require written permission from copyright owner(s)
Conditions Governing Reproduction
1. Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong says good governance is the key to open up economies in this age of globalisation.
2. Heads of the IMF and World Bank organisations say there is a need to do more when reforms take effect.
3. India leading a group of emerging economies urges an immediate start to the reforms.
4. Singapore Tourism Board hosts a cultural reception for IMF and World Bank delegates at the Esplanade.
5. Several dozen patients were seen daily by the temporary medical centre at Suntec City.
6. Thai authorities name two suspects in their investigation of the recent bombings in Hat Yai.
7. Japan and Australia impose fresh financial sanctions on North Korean companies.
8. Four workers were killed after nine buildings under construction collapse in central China.
9. Japans electronic giant Toshiba recalls 340,000 laptops due to defective batteries.
10. Taxi drivers get free eye screening from the Singapore Polytechnic Optometry Centre.
11. Three Festivals light up Singapore as Deepavali, Hari Raya Puasa and Chinese Mid-Autumn coincide within days of each other.
12. Labroy Marine signs a four-shipbuilding contract worth $95 million with India's Great Eastern Shipping.
13. Ascott Residence Trust to raise $51 million by issuing forty-four million new units.
14. Singapore is open to proposals from F1 or A1 to stage races in Singapore as Singapore showcase the car entry for the coming A1 grand prix.
15. European and American golf teams to battle for the Ryder Cup in Ireland.
16. A student of performing art was caught hiding motionless among terracotta statues in a homemade costume.
17. More than a thousand hopefuls audition at a London theatre for roles as hobbits for the musical version of "Lord of the Rings".