- Singapore Broadcasting Corporation Fonds
- Singapore Broadcasting Corporation Series
Conditions Governing Access
Use and reproduction require written permission from copyright owner(s)
Conditions Governing Reproduction
1. Philippines: Communists in the Philippines offer the government a ceasefire.
2. South Korea: Radical students held a protest in South Korea.
3. South Africa: Following the death of the country's President, Mozambique has been thrown into confusion over the question of succession.
4. United States: The Soviet Union was criticised again by the United States over its policy on Afghanistan.
5. United States: Despite the Americans' strong words against the Soviet Union, Secretary of State George Shultz believed the superpowers are close to an agreement for the peaceful use of space.
6. United States/Soviet Union: Superpower relations are strained after the breakdown of talks in Iceland and the war expulsions between them.
7. United Kingdom/Syria: British and Syrian diplomats who had served in their countries' embassies in London and Damascus have returned to their respective countries.
8. United States/ Japan: The Japanese are not happy about a United States threat to take retaliatory trade measures.
9. Singapore: A feature on fruit trees being planted in HDB estates, schools and various open spaces.
10. Singapore: The Passive Smoking Exhibition was opened by Dr Wong Kwei Cheong, Member of Parliament for Cairnhill.
11. Singapore: The growing number of accidents involving speeding pick-ups packed with holiday makers has become a cause for concern.
12. Singapore: A group of interior design students from the Baharuddin Vocational Institute came out tops.
13. Japan: A feature on avid Japanese coin collectors.
14. Sports: Highlights of the Werribee Cup meet.
15. Brazil: A feature on a pair of scientists trying to conduct experiments in Brazil's Amazon jungle.
16. Singapore: An exhibition on Chile has opened at Raffles City.
17. Singapore: The 10th International Salon of Photography exhibition was opened by Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Communications and Information, Ho Kah Leong.
18. Singapore: A feature on Deepavali celebrations.